Pancake Day, or Shrove Tuesday if you prefer, is fast approaching. I’ve had to go gluten free last year but I still want to take part in some pancake flipping fun.
So here’s a gluten free American style pancake recipe for those avoiding gluten.
180g Gluten free plain flour (I used Doves Farm)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1. Combine the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl.
2. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and milk together.
3. Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until you have a smooth batter.
4. Heat a teeny bit of oil in a frying pan. Add a ladle of pancake batter into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes each side.
5. Serve with your choice of toppings.
These were delicious and the whole family enjoyed them. You wouldn’t have known they were gluten free and they could be made dairy free by swapping the milk for a non-dairy alternative.
Enjoy your pancake day.